Members | Future Generations Learning Community

Results

Maritessa Black's profile picture

Maritessa Black - Member

Joined: 31 July 2023
Mary Hufford's profile picture

Mary Hufford - Member

Folklorist Mary Hufford is Associate Director of the Livelihoods Knowledge Exchange Network (LiKEN).   Over the past three decades she has worked in government, academic, and non-profit settings. A Guggenheim fellow and a Fellow of the American Folklore society, Hufford centers her scholarship, teaching, and writing around the interrelations of social, ecological, and cultural systems, and the formation of democratic public space through community-based, participatory research.  As folklife specialist at the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress (1982-2002) she led regional team fieldwork projects in the New Jersey Pine Barrens and the southern West Virginia coalfields. From 2002-2012, she served on the graduate faculty in Folklore and Folklife at the University of Pennsylvania, directing the Center for Folklore and Ethnography from 2002 to 2008. As an affiliate with the master’s programs in Cultural and Environmental Sustainability Programs at Goucher College, she offers a field-based seminar in Environmental Justice, and has taught courses in Ecocritical and Ecofeminist Fairy Tales at the University of Pennsylvania and UC Berkeley. 

Her articles and reviews have appeared in both public and academic venues, including Orion Magazine, Gastronomica, the Journal of American Folklore, Southern Quarterly, Cahiers de Litterature Orale, Cornbread Nation, Social Identities, Western Folklore, and the Proceedings of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration.  While at the Library of Congress, she curated an online exhibition, Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West VirginiaFor downloadable files of selected publications please visit: https://future.academia.edu/MaryHufford

Joined: 1 November 2018
Maryellen Key's profile picture

Maryellen Key - Member

Joined: 16 May 2020
Mastan Babu Pothuraju's profile picture

Mastan Babu Pothuraju - Member

Joined: 10 October 2019
Matthew Gleason's profile picture

Matthew Gleason - Member

26 year old that has a strong passion for service and making a change in the world. I graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a BA in Communication. Post undergrad, I have served three years with AmeriCorps, biked across the country twice with Bike & Build (once as a rider and once as a leader), and am now a full time employee with the "I Have A Dream" Foundation of Boulder County- where I served as an AmeriCorps
Joined: 9 February 2020
Mehar's profile picture

Mehar - Member

Joined: 19 October 2019
Melchiade Manirakiza's profile picture

Melchiade Manirakiza - Member

I’ am MANIRAKIZA Melchiade, Burundian and I live in Bujumbura capital city of Burundi. I have a master degree in Master of Arts in applied community development. I’ am community development practitioner. My community is rural farming cooperative which seeks to improve the community life in the county of Mwura-Kayoyo. My role is community mobiliser and project coordinator. As network, I’ am member of global network of Future Generations University alumni and also member of International Association for Community Development (IACD).

Joined: 4 August 2020
Michelle White's profile picture

Michelle White - Member

Joined: 17 August 2022
Miranda Taylor's profile picture

Miranda Taylor - Member

Joined: 17 August 2023
Modester Grace Mbale's profile picture

Modester Grace Mbale - Member

Joined: 31 July 2023
278 members